Science in Sport plc is a leading sports nutrition business that develops, manufactures and markets innovative nutrition products for professional athletes, sports and fitness enthusiasts and the gym lifestyle community. The Company has two highly regarded brands: PhD Nutrition, a premium active-nutrition brand targeting the gym lifestyle community, and SiS, a leading endurance nutrition brand among elite athletes and professional sports teams.
Major investors include Legal & General, Schroders, J.O. Hambro and Otus Capital, together with a range of institutional and small cap investors.
The two brands are sold internationally through our own phd.com and scienceinsport.com digital platform, together with third-party online sites including Amazon and Tmall. We have extensive retail distribution in the UK and internationally, including major supermarkets, high street chains and specialist sports retailers. This omnichannel footprint enables the Company to address the full breadth of the sports nutrition market currently estimated at approximately £11 billion worldwide.
PhD is one of the UK's leading active nutrition brands with a reputation for high quality and product innovation. The brand has grown rapidly, based on its core protein powders, since its launch in 2005. The range now comprises powders, bars and supplements including the high protein, low sugar range, PhD Smart. PhD brand ambassadors include leading fitness influencers Ross Edgley and Obi Vincent. The PhD brand is an official partner to the Tough Mudder Challenge and Race Series.
SiS, founded in 1992, has a core range comprising gels, powders and bars focused on energy, hydration and recovery. SiS is the official sports nutrition supplier to many professional teams and organisations including INEOS Grenadiers Cycling Team and Team INEOS UK (America's Cup Team). SiS supplies more than 100 professional football clubs in the UK, Europe and USA, and is Performance Research Partner to the English Football Association.
Science in Sport is headquartered in London. Its shares joined the AIM market of the London Stock Exchange in August 2013 and trade under the ticker symbol SIS.
Working Hours/Days: 40 hours
Salary Banding: £27,500
To lead the Ecommerce Customer Experience team to deliver World Class Customer Service to our customers. You will work with the Head of CX and the senior management team to identify and develop best practice, driving a positive, performance focussed culture which achieves and exceeds SLA’s and delivers exceptional customer and employee engagement.
Roles and Responsibilities:
· Alongside the Head Of Customer Experience, drive the overall performance of the customer service organization: service levels, customer satisfaction, Trustpilot and CX
· Be hands on day to day when needed, with the ability to cover all areas of the CX operation
· Delivering strong people leadership skills in an operational environment
· Work cross functionally when needed to deliver positive business outcomes
· Positively influence and contribute to the team culture
· Motivate, coach and develop staff in the Customer Service Department
Provide exceptional customer service via phone, email, live chat and social media
· Respond to customer complaints and be the escalation point as necessary
· Organising and distributing the customer service workload on a daily basis for both departments, ensuring workloads and phones are covered for absence and that workloads are kept balanced throughout the team
· Provide weekly/monthly reporting on KPIs and addressing performance issues
· Being actively involved in reviewing internal processes
· Undertaking ad hoc projects and tasks as required by the Department Manager
· To be process compliant through the use of Company standard systems, processes and reports to resolve potential delivery risks.
· Drive continuous improvement ethos within the department and the business
Experience and Skillset
- High level of experience working with in a multichannel CS environment
- Good Commercial acumen and an understanding of the full order to despatch process
- Knowledge of social media including Instagram, Twitter, Facebook & Live chat
- Working knowledge of Trustpilot and other CX metrics
- Experience in people management with strong leadership skills and an approachable nature
- Excellent Knowledge of what makes a “world class customer experience”
- Evidence of a “get it done” attitude when time is tight, and stakes are high
- A natural communicator both oral and written with experience of negotiating and influencing others across departments tailoring the message dependent on audience
- An expert at utilising the latest technology to drive process improvement (i.e. AI/SAP/CRM applications)
- Hands on and a passionate leader with excellent interpersonal skills – you build rapport quickly and connect with staff at all levels
- A background and experience of managing change within a business
- You will be highly determined, self-motivated, enthusiastic, methodical, articulate, well presented person and able to convey complex information.