Science in Sport plc is a leading sports nutrition business that develops, manufactures and markets innovative nutrition products for professional athletes, sports and fitness enthusiasts and the gym lifestyle community. The Company has two highly regarded brands: PhD Nutrition, a premium active-nutrition brand targeting the gym lifestyle community, and SiS, a leading endurance nutrition brand among elite athletes and professional sports teams.
Major investors include Aviva, AXA Framlington, Schroders, J.O. Hambro and Otus Capital, together with a range of institutional investors.
The two brands are sold internationally through our own phd.com and scienceinsport.com digital platform, together with third-party online sites including Amazon and Tmall. The business is currently rolling out in Asian markets and intends to launch in India and the Middle East during 2021. Our US business is growing strongly.
We have extensive retail distribution in the UK and internationally, including major supermarkets, high street chains and specialist sports retailers.
This omnichannel footprint enables the Company to address the full breadth of the sports nutrition market currently estimated at approximately £11 billion worldwide.
PhD is one of the UK's leading active nutrition brands with a reputation for high quality and product innovation. The brand has grown rapidly, based on its core protein powders, since its launch in 2005. The range now comprises powders, bars and supplements including the high protein, low sugar range, PhD Smart. PhD brand ambassadors include leading fitness influencers Ross Edgley and Obi Vincent. The PhD brand is an official partner to the Tough Mudder Challenge and Race Series.
SiS, founded in 1992, has a core range comprising gels, powders and bars focused on energy, hydration and recovery. SiS is the official sports nutrition supplier to many professional teams and organisations including INEOS Grenadiers Cycling Team, Team INEOS UK (America's Cup Team) and Manchester United Football Club. SiS supplies more than 150 professional football clubs in the UK, Europe and USA, and is Performance Research Partner to the English Football Association.
Science in Sport is headquartered in London. Its shares joined the AIM market of the London Stock Exchange in August 2013 and trade under the ticker symbol SIS.
Due to rapid growth, SiS and PHD is looking to recruit a Logistics Compliance Officer to ensure that we comply with all the relevant regulations relating to customs documentation. This person will be in charge to look after the local requirements to export food and food supplements from EU/UK and within these territories to different parts of the world.
Role & Responsibilities
· Complete and coordinate export documentation including but not limited to EUR1, GEFS, Certificates of Origin, Certificates of Free Sale, Certificates of Analysis, and similar post Brexit certifications.
· Customs compliance and management
· Import permits
· Arranging and creating Health Certification documents where these are required and liaising with the logistics and supply chain team to ensure goods exported have all the necessary approvals prior to departure.
· Managing contacts and clients to coordinate documentation for product registrations and imports.
· Work closely with Compliance, Technical team and International Sales team to map market entry requirements, creation of product dossiers as per client’s needs to import products, origin determination, etc.
· Investigate and advise the business on Tariff Classification of goods across different territories, Meursing codes as per product composition, which determines duties payable, and any restrictions on the import or export of goods.
Experience and Skillset
· Technical knowledge desirable but not indispensable
· Experience in food manufacturing companies desirable
· Experience issuing documents i.e. Certificate of Origin and EUR1/ tariff code classification, Health Certificate
· Good understanding of customs regulations, origin rules, free trade agreements
· High attention to detail and ability to manage a large amount of admin
· Good problem-solving skills to aid in market entry queries and process improvement
· Excellent communication skills
· Good organisational and planning skills
· Excellent prioritising skills
· Flexibility and the ability to adapt to changing circumstances