Science in Sport plc is a leading sports nutrition business that develops, manufactures and markets innovative nutrition products for professional athletes, sports and fitness enthusiasts and the gym lifestyle community. The Company has two highly regarded brands: PhD Nutrition, a premium active-nutrition brand targeting the gym lifestyle community, and SiS, a leading endurance nutrition brand among elite athletes and professional sports teams.
Major investors include Aviva, AXA Framlington, Schroders, J.O. Hambro and Otus Capital, together with a range of institutional investors.
The two brands are sold internationally through our own phd.com and scienceinsport.com digital platform, together with third-party online sites including Amazon and Tmall. The business is currently rolling out in Asian markets and intends to launch in India and the Middle East during 2021. Our US business is growing strongly.
We have extensive retail distribution in the UK and internationally, including major supermarkets, high street chains and specialist sports retailers.
This omnichannel footprint enables the Company to address the full breadth of the sports nutrition market currently estimated at approximately £11 billion worldwide.
PhD is one of the UK's leading active nutrition brands with a reputation for high quality and product innovation. The brand has grown rapidly, based on its core protein powders, since its launch in 2005. The range now comprises powders, bars and supplements including the high protein, low sugar range, PhD Smart. PhD brand ambassadors include leading fitness influencers Ross Edgley and Obi Vincent. The PhD brand is an official partner to the Tough Mudder Challenge and Race Series.
SiS, founded in 1992, has a core range comprising gels, powders and bars focused on energy, hydration and recovery. SiS is the official sports nutrition supplier to many professional teams and organisations including INEOS Grenadiers Cycling Team, Team INEOS UK (America's Cup Team) and Manchester United Football Club. SiS supplies more than 150 professional football clubs in the UK, Europe and USA, and is Performance Research Partner to the English Football Association.
Science in Sport is headquartered in London. Its shares joined the AIM market of the London Stock Exchange in August 2013 and trade under the ticker symbol SIS.
Working Hours/Days: Sun-Thurs (night shift)
Salary Banding: £12.50ph
Location: Nelson 1
· To lead and support the Nelson production facility ensuring that customer service, operational costs and effective waste and loss minimisation are aligned with the business requirements
· To deliver outstanding operational performance through effective people leadership
· To support manufacturing and site operations to achieve business objectives through ensuring data integrity and administration control to ensure productivity targets are met
· To implement clear policies and procedures relating to improving H&S, Quality, performance. absenteeism & waste control
Roles and Responsibilities:
· Smooth running of all manufacturing functions
· Daily control of manufacturing KPI’s
· Working towards ISO audit standards
· Supporting the warehouse manager to improve stock integrity
· To ensure right first time good quality products
· Providing accurate management information
· Achieving Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) through effective use of resources and management of staff
· Adhering to Health & Safety requirements to provide a safe working environment
· Being proactive in identifying problems and solutions
· Controlling sickness/absence through effective use of policies, procedures and management to ensure that labour turnover and absence levels are kept to a minimum by effective leadership and motivation
Experience and Skillset
· Experience in quality functions and procedures
· Excellent organisational skills
· Excellent leadership, communication and influencing skills
· Objective setting and managing department via KPI’s
· Customer focused
· Encourages team work
· Promotes two way open and honest communication
· Develops a multi-skilled and flexible team
· Knowledge of Health & Safety at Work
· Computer / PC skills
· A “can-do” mentality.
· A flexible approach to working patterns including working additional hours to meet business needs
· Ability to control direct and contract labour
· Considers customer needs when prioritising and allocating tasks in the team
· Responds effectively to unforeseen problems
· Plans ahead to ensure timely delivery of results
· Shows awareness of general business principles