Social Media & Community Manager
Science in Sport plc is a leading sports nutrition business that develops, manufactures and markets innovative nutrition products for professional athletes, sports and fitness enthusiasts and the gym lifestyle community. The Company has two highly regarded brands: PhD Nutrition, a premium active-nutrition brand targeting the gym lifestyle community, and SiS, a leading endurance nutrition brand among elite athletes and professional sports teams.
Major investors include Aviva, AXA Framlington, Schroders, J.O. Hambro and Otus Capital, together with a range of institutional investors.
The two brands are sold internationally through our own phd.com and scienceinsport.com digital platform, together with third-party online sites including Amazon and Tmall. The business is currently rolling out in Asian markets and intends to launch in India and the Middle East during 2021. Our US business is growing strongly.
We have extensive retail distribution in the UK and internationally, including major supermarkets, high street chains and specialist sports retailers.
This omnichannel footprint enables the Company to address the full breadth of the sports nutrition market currently estimated at approximately £11 billion worldwide.
PhD is one of the UK's leading active nutrition brands with a reputation for high quality and product innovation. The brand has grown rapidly, based on its core protein powders, since its launch in 2005. The range now comprises powders, bars and supplements including the high protein, low sugar range, PhD Smart. PhD brand ambassadors include leading fitness influencers Ross Edgley and Obi Vincent. The PhD brand is an official partner to the Tough Mudder Challenge and Race Series.
SiS, founded in 1992, has a core range comprising gels, powders and bars focused on energy, hydration and recovery. SiS is the official sports nutrition supplier to many professional teams and organisations including INEOS Grenadiers Cycling Team, Team INEOS UK (America's Cup Team) and Manchester United Football Club. SiS supplies more than 150 professional football clubs in the UK, Europe and USA, and is Performance Research Partner to the English Football Association.
Science in Sport is headquartered in London. Its shares joined the AIM market of the London Stock Exchange in August 2013 and trade under the ticker symbol SIS.
The ambition of the Company is to exceed £100m in revenues in the next three years, with >70% of revenue from digital channels and a similar proportion of revenue derived from International markets. A key growth focus is Online, through our Magento-based phd.com and scienceinsport.com platform, together with a substantial Amazon & T-Mall business.
The business enjoys healthy gross margins given its vertically integrated model, product mix and channel mix. A new state of the art factory is planned to open in 2021. A significant percentage of net revenue is invested in brand equity and performance marketing, to drive the high revenue growth levels.
The Social Media & Community Manager will be responsible for developing the social media channel and community management strategy globally, overseeing all organic activity and activations across social platforms, working closely with Brand and Influencers teams to develop relevant content for target audiences across both PhD and Science in Sport brands.
You will own organic social media activity, brand presence, and social engagement, delivering consistent and compliant messaging in support of the overarching digital strategy. In addition to this, there will be the need to support across paid social activity as required from time to time.
As the social media platform specialist, you’ll need to ensure we maximise every opportunity to engage and connect with our audiences via campaign activations across brand, product, partnerships and more – with relevant content and comms across all markets - on existing platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn) and new emerging social platforms.
You’ll be responsible for:
• Owning the social media strategy - engaging and growing communities and creating engaging unique content, understanding target audiences and how to engage with different audiences across different channels and brands and country markets
• Developing our social presence through active community management and growth, timely conversational engagement and creation of compelling social creative
• Partnering with agencies and internal team to create and deliver specific social campaigns from early concept through launch and on to measuring effectiveness in line with agreed strategy
• Exploiting evergreen content and newsjacking opportunities, work closely with inhouse teams and agencies to execute
• Identifying and engaging with Influencers, customers and partners as and when needed
• Owning and maintaining the social content calendar, planning ahead on marketing led and topical social campaigns to keep the business informed on activity
• Supporting and participating in ad-hoc Digital Marketing projects as and when required
Experience and Skillset:
· 5+ years’ social media experience working either client or agency side
· Experience in community management growth – turning customers into brand advocates
· Excellent communications experience both on and off-line, including the ability to form strong business stakeholder relationships
· Experience working in fast paced environments, with the ability to be agile, innovate and adapt to changing situations
· Ability to identify trends and insights, turning these into opportunities to optimise and change social activity accordingly
· Self-starter who can effectively manage relationships with agencies, influencers and partners, escalating issues as and when required
· Excellent organisation, attention to detail and writing skills - with the ability to create exciting and engaging posts and content.
· Passion for the sports, fitness or nutrition category