Science in Sport plc is a leading sports nutrition business that develops, manufactures, and markets innovative nutrition products for professional athletes, sports and fitness enthusiasts and the gym lifestyle community. The Company has two highly regarded brands: PhD Nutrition, a premium active-nutrition brand targeting the gym lifestyle community, and SiS, a leading endurance nutrition brand among elite athletes and professional sports teams.
Major investors include Aviva, AXA Framlington, Schroders, J.O. Hambro, and Otus Capital, together with a range of institutional investors.
The two brands are sold internationally through our own phd.com and scienceinsport.com digital platform, together with third-party online sites including Amazon and Tmall. The business is currently rolling out in Asian markets and intends to launch in India and the Middle East in 2021. Our US business is growing strongly.
We have extensive retail distribution in the UK and internationally, including major supermarkets, high street chains, and specialist sports retailers.
This omnichannel footprint enables the Company to address the full breadth of the sports nutrition market currently estimated at approximately £11 billion worldwide.
PhD is one of the UK's leading active nutrition brands with a reputation for high quality and product innovation. The brand has grown rapidly, based on its core protein powders, since its launch in 2005. The range now comprises powders, bars and supplements including the high protein, low sugar range, PhD Smart. PhD brand ambassadors include leading fitness influencers Ross Edgley and Obi Vincent. The PhD brand is an official partner to the Tough Mudder Challenge and Race Series.
SiS, founded in 1992, has a core range comprising gels, powders and bars focused on energy, hydration and recovery. SiS is the official sports nutrition supplier to many professional teams and organisations including INEOS Grenadiers Cycling Team, Team INEOS UK (America's Cup Team) and Manchester United Football Club. SiS supplies more than 150 professional football clubs in the UK, Europe and USA, and is a Performance Research Partner to the English Football Association.
Science in Sport is headquartered in London. Its shares joined the AIM market of the London Stock Exchange in August 2013 and trade under the ticker symbol SIS.
The ambition of the Company is to exceed £100m in revenues in the next three years, with >70% of revenue from digital channels and a similar proportion of revenue derived from international markets. A key growth focus is Online, through our Magento-based phd.com and scienceinsport.com platform, together with a substantial Amazon & T-Mall business.
The business enjoys healthy gross margins given its vertically integrated model, product mix, and channel mix. A new state-of-the-art factory is planned to open in 2021. A significant percentage of net revenue is invested in brand equity and performance marketing, to drive the high revenue growth levels.
SiS PLC is looking for an Online merchandiser to focus on Science in Sport website and ensuring best in class on-site merchandizer and consumer experience is delivered. Reporting to SIS Country Manager, you will work closely with trading, supply chain, and marketing teams and focus on on-site merchandising, on-site stock availability, driving conversion optimization, and improving basket size and bounce rate.
- Merchandising of products, categories, search on-site to ensure best consumer experience and conversion rate increase.
- Data-led improvements on the platform via tech team to drive cross-sell, up-sell.
- Manage availability onsite to ensure conversion optimization and basket size growth.
- Own the catalog in Magento 2 and ensure listings are optimized to drive the highest conversion rates.
- Site content updates inc. implementation of SEO recommendations that come via technology or brand team.
Experience and Skill Set:
- At least 1-year of experience in eCommerce with Magento 2 CMS system.
- Experience in online merchandising with a focus on conversion rate/bounce rate improvements.
- Data-driven mindset and strong analytical skills (Power BI, GA, Adobe Analytics).
- Works at pace - Delivers at an above-average pace.
- Resilient under pressure and up for a challenge.
- Collaborates - Is a team player and works well with others across the organization.
- Excellent organisation skills and attention to detail
- A passion for sports and fitness.
Login and Registration Form